Monday 30 April 2012

Red and Black check dress


Made this lovely dress using  Simplicity 4384. I just love most simplicity and newlook patterns.


 


This dress is not lined but finished using bias binding on the neck and armholes, I pleated the skirt instead of flare as on the pattern.  Seeing a trend with pleats??..... Overlocked on the inside.

Bow detail
I wanted to add a little something extra, was going to add two bows each at same place but got lazy and stuck with one. ha.


I do love taking pictures and toys but I like mummy's phone better. 


...And this is the back view, do you think its nice?

I'm very lucky that this dresses lines up. In fact I don't think in sewing one runs into the kind of luck I ran into by the dresses lining up. (normally if something could go wrong it does !) I completely forgot to watch out for the strips and make sure they lined up when cutting, was already joining seams when i remembered screamed, and checked...
...it all lined up. (almost lol)


Mummy's dresses are better than buying from shops, yippee!!
I do really hope.
Until next time, Adois.





3 comments:

  1. Bold steps sewing with stripes and you did a good job of it. Love your models back view pose

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so cute in these dresses! They must be really happy to have a mother who makes them such nice clothes!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, Please leave a message, Thanks